Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holidays

The holidays are my favorite time of the year; yummy baking, presents, family time, the look on my son's face Christmas morning, and so many other wonderful things. These times can also be difficult for many families, especially financially. This year to alleviate some of the financial stress, I shopped all throughout the year. There were definite pros and cons; saving money yay!, possible over shopping due to spaced out timeline (not so yay!). Today, while doing some Christmas shopping for others, I had to remind my son to stay with me; as I was sternly letting him know this, a lady came over to us. I thought for sure she was going to say something not so nice about me correcting my son, instead she came over to give us a free $10.00 gift card to JcPenney, such a small gesture really did brighten my day! Overall, everyone was in a nice mood; if only everyone was as nice as they are during the holidays all year long! This really is the time to think of those less fortunate and remind our children while presents are great, they are not the most important part of the holidays. We usually donate toys to the Toys for Tots program and I would like to volunteer at a soup kitchen when my son is a little older. I am so grateful for everything my family has and hope everyone else has a nice holdiday <3

No comments:

Post a Comment